The 2017 Tournament
Welcome to the Saturday, May 20, 2017 eSports Michigan High School Invitational. This all day tournament will be hosted at the Lawrence Tech campus in Southfield Michigan and will feature League of Legends. Sixteen High School teams will participate in the tournament to win up to $10,000 in scholarships and prizes. All participants will be provided with the following on gameday: Computer, Headphones, Mouse, and other necessary gaming equipment. Teams are prohibited from bringing their own equipment.
League of Legends
League of Legends is a fast-paced, competitive online game that blends the speed and intensity of an RTS with RPG elements. Two teams of powerful champions, each with a unique design and playstyle, battle head-to-head across multiple battlefields and game modes. With an ever-expanding roster of champions, frequent updates and a thriving tournament scene, League of Legends offers endless replayability for players of every skill level.
- 16 schools can register for the first official eSports Invitational.
- Each team must consist of five students.
- Matches will be played using the classic game mode where each team must destroy the opposing team’s nexus in order to win the match.
- Each team will play on the Summoner’s Rift map.
- Preliminary rounds will be best of one. This is to ensure that the tournament runs smoothly and ends on time.
- The tournament will be a double elimination bracket, which will give teams a second chance to become the number one Michigan high school League of Legends team.
- Computers and other necessary equipment will be provided at the tournament.
- Bracket: TBD
- Students can practice for the tournament using their own computers or any computers the school has access to.
- Students must find an administrator or teacher in order to register, this admin must attend the entire event.
- Students can participate for free
- Each school must complete the registration form and each team member must fill out the parental consent form in order to participate.
About the Event
- All teams will meet on campus on the day of the invitational. (Location Don Ridler Field House)
- Teams will sign in on the day of the tournament.
- Each school’s team will receive a swag bag at checkin.
- Each school’s team will be provided lunch on campus.
- The tournament will start at 8 am and will end at 5 pm.
- Link to the full schedule can be found here: Schedule
Participating teams have the chance to win up to $10,000 in scholarship
For more information about Lawrence Tech visit them online
Lawrence Technological University (LTU), frequently referred to as Lawrence Tech, is a private university located in Southfield, Michigan, United States. Lawrence Tech was founded in 1932 and has since expanded its campus to 107 acres.
Lawrence Tech is considered one of the foremost private technological universities. Bloomberg-Businessweek reported that the earning power of a Lawrence Tech bachelor’s degree ranks in the highest 30 percent of all U.S. universities.
The school offers undergraduate, masters, and doctoral programs in STEAM fields (science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics). The university’s four colleges are Architecture and Design, Arts and Sciences, Engineering, and Management. LTU’s athletic teams are known as the Blue Devils. They compete in Division II of the NAIA and joined the Wolverine Hoosier Athletic Conference in 2012.
Most recently, Lawrence Tech has added Game Art and Interaction Design to the College of Architecture and Design, bringing gaming and video game design right into the curriculum.
Spots are limited and only 16 teams can participate. Registration is due by February 17, 2017. Each team can have up to 5 players and each high school can have up to 1 team. Make sure you register today!